The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a focused course of action that addresses a well-defined topic relating to enhancing student learning as part of the accreditation process. The plan should complement the institution’s ongoing academic planning and evaluation process. The QEP should be designed based on empirical data.
Student learning may include changes in student’s knowledge, skills, behaviors and/or values that may be attributable to the collegiate experience. Example of topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Increasing Diversity awareness
- Improving written and/or oral communication skills
- Enhancing critical thinking skills
- Introducing innovative teaching and learning strategies
- Increasing student ethical decision making